cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCILync 9.7.5(or 4) Voicemail tab/icon

Dave Phillips
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I just updated CUCILync to 9.7.4 (then to 9.7.5) and noticed that the voicemail tab is missing.  Also there is no place to configure the Voicemail server in the client.

I read that newer Jabber versions require some settings on the IM&P server, but that shouldn't apply to CUCILync.

Do I need to add something to the jabber-config.xml?  

I tried adding the following but it didnt help

-<Voicemail>

<VVM_Mailstore_Server_0>MY-CUCxn-IP</VVM_Mailstore_Server_0>

</Voicemail>

9 Replies 9

hicham kammah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dave,

I have the same issue.

did you found the solution?

Regards,

hicham

I have not.  I thought I would try the community first before opening a TAC case.

I downgrade the cucilync version to 9.2, and its working correctly.

I think that we are facing a bug on those versions 9.7.4 and 9.7.5.

See my post from earlier.  I had this issue on Windows 7 and 8.1, only fix was following the Jabber doc.

I managed to get it working by following the Jabber instructions.

I set up voicemail info under a UC service.  Then I tied the UC service to a service profile and assigned the service profile to a user.  Some users I had to delete the cache before it would show up, others it would eventually show up.

Hi Dave,

this may work for CUCM 9.x where service profiles have been migrated from CUPS to CUCM.

In my case I have a CUCM 8.6 and this version does not have Service profiles.

Because I am migrating CUCM 8.6 to 10.5 and CUCIMoc to CUCILync I am looking for a CUCILync Version which is working with both CUCM versions.

Best regards

Manfred

Hi,

have the same problem and can´t find something in bug search tool.

Is there a solution for this problem with CUCILync 9.7(5) in the meantime?

Do you have opened a TAC Case?

Best regards

Manfred

carrje81
Level 1
Level 1

The way that we discovered was to delete the cache from the root file for CUCI-Lync. But as we deployed at a larger scale the tab would again disappear when users logged out and logged back in. If we cleared the cache again the VM would again appear. 

Blair Telecom
Level 1
Level 1

I have updated to 9.7(4), (5), & (6).   Running W7 I have not had this issue.  I have only seen this under Win 8.1 so far.  Installing 9.2 does clear the problem up.  I'm surprised such a big bug has been going on over 3 builds.

I managed to get it working by following the Jabber instructions.

I set up voicemail info under a UC service.  Then I tied the UC service to a service profile and assigned the service profile to a user.  Some users I had to delete the cache before it would show up, others it would eventually show up.

EDIT - I should I add this is Dave Phillips who started the thread, looks like I logged in with a different profile.