cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.0 How to translate or transform (add prefix) for incoming call from PSTN.

AAkivkin1982
Level 1
Level 1
Hi.

I have CUCM 10.0

I need to translate or transform incoming calls from FMC service, that arrive from PSTN.

Incoming call from FMC service, arrives from PSTN like this: 9161234567. FMC calls have only 10 digits.

I need add prefix for this number 9161234567, that it looks like this 9916123456.

I found, that I can do this through Device Pool or Trunk settings, but then prefix add to all regular incoming calls, that not only from FMC service.

Regular calls look like 989296524458. Regular calls have 12 digits.

I want to apply pattern or mask for FMC calls, that will check, if incoming calls have 10 digits and start from 9, then add prefix.

I want that regular call stayed not affected.

Please, help.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please perform the below in order to prefix 9 on incoming calls:

1.       Go to Call Routing -> Class of Control -> Partition. Create a new partition

2.       Go to Call Routing -> Class of Control -> Calling Search Space. Create a
new CSS and add the partition you created.

3.       Go to Call Routing -> Transformation Pattern -> Calling Party
Transformation Patterns. "Add New" and enter a Pattern with a wildcard like "XXXXXXXXX",
(9 digits or what ever your calling pattern is).

Add 9 in the "Prefix digits" field.

Finally select the partition you have created and save.

4.       Go to the SIP trunk configuration and look for "Incoming Calling Party Settings",
uncheck "Use device Pool CSS" and select the Calling Search Space that reaches the
partition of the Transformation Pattern.

5.       Save the change and reset the SIP Trunk (after business hours to avoid call
interruptions) to apply the change.

More information can be found on below link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-851-cm/fscallpn.html

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do you want to translate the called or calling number?

Is your gw SIP, h.323 or MGCP?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi.

I want to translate the calling (initiator) number.

I mean this:

Incoming call from FMC service, arrives from PSTN to CUCM like this: 9161234567 - I mean this is calling (initiator) number.

And I want to translate this number 9161234567 to 99161234567.

That on endpoint devices like Cisco Phone 7940 in catalog of answered or missed calls, number appear like 99161234567.

In actually, I do not know what type of GW we use.

But on the CUCM: Device - Trunk, I see settings, that point to GW Cisco c3845.

Please perform the below in order to prefix 9 on incoming calls:

1.       Go to Call Routing -> Class of Control -> Partition. Create a new partition

2.       Go to Call Routing -> Class of Control -> Calling Search Space. Create a
new CSS and add the partition you created.

3.       Go to Call Routing -> Transformation Pattern -> Calling Party
Transformation Patterns. "Add New" and enter a Pattern with a wildcard like "XXXXXXXXX",
(9 digits or what ever your calling pattern is).

Add 9 in the "Prefix digits" field.

Finally select the partition you have created and save.

4.       Go to the SIP trunk configuration and look for "Incoming Calling Party Settings",
uncheck "Use device Pool CSS" and select the Calling Search Space that reaches the
partition of the Transformation Pattern.

5.       Save the change and reset the SIP Trunk (after business hours to avoid call
interruptions) to apply the change.

More information can be found on below link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-851-cm/fscallpn.html

Regards

Deepak

Thank You very much.

I will try.

Thank you very much again.

Your solution work very fine!

Hi Deepak,

This is already set for me but I my requirement is users want to dial only 10 digit and it should add 91 automatically. 

My current configuration automatically add 91 in-front  of calling so in case if I miss any call I just redial and it works. But when we have to dial manually we have to add 91 before the dialed number. 

Please suggest in this regard. (Also we have to make sure that it does not add to incoming number calls because it is already there).

Thanks,

Muk