Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 - Audio message without using a voicemail

OakMan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer who does not want to use the voicemail service, he wants that if the call is not answered by the employee after 15 seconds, an audio like wav recorded is presented and the call is terminated, how can i implement this in CUCM?

Best Regards,

OakMan.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't, there is no way to do what you're asking without CUC or some other system where you record and play that message.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

My question is using CUCM and also being able to use some CUC functionality, CUC is already active in my system.

Thanks.

OakMan.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you have CUC than you can route the call to a System Handler with the Standard greeting set to "Hang Up" post the greeting.

Then configure the busy greeting of the users and after-greeting to hang up.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

I already have a connection between CUCM and the CUC for voicemail service using "Cisco Voice Mail Port"and calls to voicemail work successfully, I created in the CUC a "System Call Handlers" with extension 2060, the same one that already has configured in the CUCM using the " Hunt Pilot ". problem that calls made to 2060 from CUCM arrive in CUC but seem to always be directed to voicemail service in 2010 extension, regardless of the options I choose in "System Call Handlers"(extension 2060) to divert to greetings message, where am I doing wrong? Any idea?

Thank you.

OakMan

If you want to use CUCM to do this and not have the call flow to CUC, there is a way to do it (providing you are not using MLPP in your environment):

1) Replace the announcement for the "MLPP-UPA_00124" error message with one of your own (in Media Resources > Announcements). Before uploading, format the announcement as 8kHz, Mono, 16-bit PCM.

2) Create a route pattern with a random DN (not part of your dialplan) that is set to Block the call and select "Precedence Level Exceeded" as the reject reason. This will cause that pattern to play the MLPP announcement from Step 1 and then disconnect the call.

3) Finally, set the CFNA for the users to that route pattern.

4) Also, set the RNA on the DNs to whatever length of ringing you want. (As opposed to the 12 seconds of ringing by default.)