Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5.1 - 7925 Wireless Phone Shared Line Error

Quintin.Mayo
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We have a request to program a 7925 wireless device for a clinic main DID number.  The problem I'm facing when I tried configuring the device I receive "Shared Line is not support" error. When I checked the CUCM I discovered there is a CTI Route Point that is associated to the clinic DID number. The CTI Route Point will need stay in place as it forward the calls to the clinic DID number.  Is there a way to get around this limitation as the clinic would like to use the 7925 device for the main number? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

If the number is a CTI route point, there is not going to be any way to share that. What is controlling that CTI route point? What is the call coverage that you are trying to achieve? It may be possible to figure out a way to do that, but not through sharing the DN with a CTI route point.

Quintin.Mayo
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

The CTI route point forward the call to the clinic main DID number.  The clinic also want to use the 7925 wireless phone programmed for the same DID number. Any thoughts?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If I understood it correctly, you associated the DID pilot number to a CTI route point and you also need to associate the same to your 7925 phone.

You cannot share the CTI and Phone lines.

If you share more  details about  this CTI, for what its used and how the call  flow,  if possible we can provide you an alternative solution . 

Response Signature

Is the CTI route point registered or is just CFA'd (call forward all)?

If it is CFA'd, to where is it forwarded?

If that is a DN on one or multiple phones, you could perhaps add that DN on the wireless phone.