cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 Device Pack Installation

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I'm working to upgrade a 12.5 SU1 w/ the latest device pack before upgrading to SU5 in a couple of weeks.  It's a 2 site cluster and in the past I've installed the DP on the publisher, then on the subscriber and then rebooted the cluster 1 node at a time.  Looking online I found this document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/Devpacks_admin/CMDP_BK_CD82F19C_00_cisco-unified-communications-manager-device/Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Device_Package_Installation_and_Administration.html

which seems to suggest the reboot isn't needed.  Just install the DP on both nodes and then go to step 8.  Is that correct?   And step 10 can be skipped if I want to use the new firmware loads that are specified in the DP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The document outlines these steps that answer your first question.

Step 13

If you are running 11.5(1)SU4 or lower, 12.0(1) or 12.0(1)SU1, reboot the cluster.

Step 14

If you are running 11.5(1)SU5 or higher, or 12.0(1)SU2 or higher, reboot the Cisco CallManager service on the publisher node. However, if you are running the Cisco Call Manager service on the subscriber nodes only, you can skip this task.

For the second question, AFAIK the installation of the device package would change the device defaults.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

The document outlines these steps that answer your first question.

Step 13

If you are running 11.5(1)SU4 or lower, 12.0(1) or 12.0(1)SU1, reboot the cluster.

Step 14

If you are running 11.5(1)SU5 or higher, or 12.0(1)SU2 or higher, reboot the Cisco CallManager service on the publisher node. However, if you are running the Cisco Call Manager service on the subscriber nodes only, you can skip this task.

For the second question, AFAIK the installation of the device package would change the device defaults.

Response Signature

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks for the feedback.  Is the process still the same (install DP on publisher and then install on subscribers) and then restart TFTP as outlined in step 8?  

Yes

Response Signature