Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 14 DRS Backup Fails at SLM Component

colby11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have CUCM 14.0.1.10000-20 installed and I am trying to run a backup through DRS and every time I run it, it fails at the SLM component. It says "ERROR: Unable to start service, Backup completed unsuccessfully". I have tried manually starting that service via Cisco Unified Serviceability and it says "This service cannot be stopped/started". I have also tried restarting the DRF Local and Master service as well as restarting the entire server and still can't get a successful backup. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are using specific license reservations as well if that helps. 

Thanks! 

7 Replies 7

This sounds like something you should bring by TAC.

Response Signature

Engnr
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like this bug CSCvz69287. You need Cisco TAC to generate root account on the cucm appliance and do some adjustments thereafter.

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

Solution
The issue can be temporarily fixed by a DRS Master and Local services restart. The services will start at the configured time, but will drift next time. Then upgrade to the version which has a solution for Cisco bug ID CSC ug 5 8538.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

I was facing this issue for the last two weeks. Restarting DRF local and master was not fixing the issue for me.

Cisco TAC had to generate root access and disable the SLM component. 

After disabling it the backup is working fine. I was informed that it is known bug that will be probably fixed once new su version is released in march/april.

Thank you

saleem771
Level 1
Level 1

Any fix released for this bug or not yet.

we are getting this error during backup of CUCM System version: 12.5.1.10000-22

SLM 100 ERROR ................_b_cucmpri_ucm_slm.log

slm_post_backup.py :ERROR:SLM service :: Cisco Smart License Manager :: does not start.

As mention above you need to stop SLM service, and to do that you should contact with Cisco TAC to disable it through root access!

steeda
Level 1
Level 1

Not even fixed in 14su3. Standard Cisco - never fix ANYTHING - make customer always open TAC cases for root "fixes".