cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 15 Answer files

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

It looks like Cisco is adding a second virtual CD drive to the ova template.

I THINK this means we should be able to load answer files via iso image now but cant find confirmation.

Has anyone verified or done this yet?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, i have done that..... that has nothing to do with why the installer is not reading the second drive.

i did find the issue here.

even though it says it is an "iso" file, it is really a floppy image with the file extension changed from "flp" to "iso"

working fine now

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

i did attempt to use it this way and was not successful.

b.winter
VIP
VIP

The answer file needs to be stored as a virtual floppy disk image and then mounted via the floppy drive.
That's all described in the related Cisco docs. So why don't you look it up there, instead of just assuming or guessing?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/15/cucm_b_install-guide-cucm-imp-15/cucm_m_installation-methods.html#touchless-installation-task-flow

perhaps you should read the "what's new" in the same document you linked instead of assuming that someone who asks a question here is assuming or guessing?

below it states "

• Virtual Floppy Drive is replaced with virtual CDROM for touchless installation.

SteveLandon_0-1707940390291.png

What steps did you do, after you generated the vCD?
How does the structure of the vCD look like?

i just put the xml files on an iso image and mounted it. there are no clear instructions obviously.

i can tell you that simply putting the xml files on a flat (no folders) iso image does not work.

And what have you done after that?
Have you set the VM settings to go into the BIOS after boot and then changed the boot order via VM-Console?

Just by mounting the floppy disk / vCD and starting the VM won't trigger the auto-installation.

i am not sure i follow. the VM is booting from the iso, as expected. the second virtual optical drive is connected with the iso containing the xml files. it is simply not reading/using the answer files on the second iso image.

That's what I'm trying to tell you: Just by mounting the vCD will not run the auto-install.
You have to get into the boot menu and change the boot order to boot from the auto-install CD.

bwinter_1-1708004584808.png

bwinter_0-1708004391771.png

That's mention in the guide for Touchless-Installation.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/15/cucm_b_install-guide-cucm-imp-15/cucm_m_installation-methods.html#run-touchless-install

yes, i have done that..... that has nothing to do with why the installer is not reading the second drive.

i did find the issue here.

even though it says it is an "iso" file, it is really a floppy image with the file extension changed from "flp" to "iso"

working fine now