Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.5 - Cannot do a blind transfer to an external number

Hi,

I have CUCM 7.0 at my office and I can actually dial an external number and while hearing ringing I can transfer the call to an extension before the external party answers.

Now at a customer, fresh implementation, the transfer softkey is grayed out during ringback operation so a transfer cannot be done until the call is answered by the remote party.

This slows down the operation of everyone especially operators who are asked to place calls for other persons.

I suspected that the softkey template did not have the key listed under the Ring Out but it is listed there.  Next thought was resources but MTP's are there.

Any ideas you think might help.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

learnsec
Level 1
Level 1

could it be the service parameter block offNet to offNet transfer?

Thanks for the suggestion.   I however made an observation that in softkey layout DirTrfr was not an available softkey I could choose, for some reason I had only softkeys called "undefined" to choose from.  Seeing that I checked the standard template and the softkey DirTrfr is there, so I merged the standard template with custom one and now I can choose it.

So i am waiting on a window to apply the softkey globally not sure if all phones would need a reboot to apply a softkey template.

Ok results of the DirTrFr softkey is that the softkey does display now during an offnet call but pressing the key does nothing.

The setting Block Offnet to Offnet is set to false in the CUCM service parameters.

?

if you want to allow offnet to offnet transfer you should set "Block Offnet to Offnet" to false, but in most cases this option should be set to true, to avoid placing external calls and transfering those calls to another external line, so the billing will be done by the company installing CUCM on behalf of the bothe external lines talking.