Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/AD LDAP userID & domain change

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We've got 300 users who will be migrating from one domain to another. Both domains are visible to CUCM. These users have Extn Mobility and most are CCX agents and some have voicemail.

The users ID format will change as part of the migration from eg. JBloggs to Joe.Bloggs. 

Is there any way to migrate these users without them being created as new users and losing all associations?

I'm trying to avoid BAT as it won't help with the CCX Team Associations.

I was hoping some conversion to Local User,manipulation then Re-sync with LDAP but I'm not sure this works when modifying the UserID

CUCM 9.1 sync'd with AD (not for passwords)

Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, as users won't be deleted at any point in time, they will retain all of their config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not without you manually changing the userID for the users, disable current LDAP sync, turn all users into local users, change the userIDs as required, create new LDAP sync.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Will this keep the associations? (including CCX Team membership). Also is it possible to bulk convert a set of users in CUCM to local users?

Rich

Yes, as users won't be deleted at any point in time, they will retain all of their config.

HTH

java

I'll try it. Cheers

Hi Jaime,

What if the UserID stayed the same  when we migrated from one domain to another? Can CUCM keep the user and associations?

Rich

CUCM really doesn't care about the domain, you can go from @abc.com to @xyz.com and so long the value you have as the userID remains the same, it will be transparent to the user.

Unless you have something like mail as userID, which would change if going from one domain to the other.

But if you use sAMAccountName for example, there would be no problem.

HTH

java

Hi,
We are migrating our LDAP from Local AD to Global AD.
In this case user ID will be change eg. swapnilm123 => smahakal001 , we have 16000+ users profile which are associated devices like IP Phones & Cisco Jabber.

Can someone please help me out to understand the detailed process which needs to follow during this migration and to ensure all association as it is.