cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Auto-Registration Issue

AmbryTodd
Level 1
Level 1

Question. we are Running the CUCMBE 8.6 and the original setup from a vendor they put the starting directory number at 1000 and ending directory number at 1200. These would auto-register as a phone was plugged in. Below is from the 'Cisco Unified CM Configuration' screen

Required Field
Required Field

My problem is if I change the 1200 to say 1300 and hit save, nothing happens. I plug in new phones it appears to get an ip address but it just keeps spinning and nothing happens. So It appears it still will not auto-register anymore phones. We have the licenses so I am wondering what the issue is. Do i need to stop and restart a service?

Also On that page I have the option for apply config. I hit just save which I assume does the same thing. Do I need to hit apply config instead? This is a live system so obviously I want to read lightly and not take it down.

17 Replies 17

That won't work, autoregistration is not dynamic, it won't go back and check whether DNs have been deleted and are available or not.

There are only 3 fields that matter for autoreg in the DB, lower limits, upper limit, and a field which is nextDN to assign, and it will keep going up until that field is equal to the DN upper range limit.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So what do you recommend as a next step? We have about 20 new phones.

Hi Todd,

As asked earlier, can you please check and share us the status from the new phone settings? (if possible then share that snapshot)

And as suggested by rob & Jamie, you can try that by setting the lower and upper limit range from one of the registered DN.

For ex:- If 1150 & 1151 DN is assigned, then without deleting that existing DN set auto-range from 1150 to 1151 and see if phone dislplays some "Registration Rejected" or " Security Error" or any other message.

After that you can try deleting that DN and again check for the message you get in phone display.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia