Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM backup issue

Hello engineers

I want to do a CUCM 9.1.1 database backup and I am following the next procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_D9A29FAD_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_D9A29FAD_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-91_chapter_01.html#CUCM_TK_MA4A3FDD_00

But I am having a problem configuring my "Backup device", when I configure it, it does not been saved.

I am using 3CDaemon as my FTP client and my questions are:

Do I need to have a computer/server in the same network segment of my publisher?

Could you recommend me another FTP client application?

Is this procedure right?

I really appreciate your help.

Regards!

IvƔn

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as you have connectivity, it doesn't matter where it is

Try freeFTPD

Yes, right procedure

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Ivan,

you can try solarwinds sftp as well. try running the exe in C:\ instead of making folders.

regds,

aman

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

here is a link that should give you more information about DRS : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_D9A29FAD_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_D9A29FAD_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-91_chapter_01.html

Here is what we use for testing DRS :

Cisco uses the following servers for internal testing. You may use one of the servers, but you must contact the vendor for support:
    ā€¢    Open SSH
    ā€¢    Cygwin
    ā€¢    Titan

Also Cisco does not support using the SFTP product freeFTDP. This is because of the 1 GB file size limit on this SFTP product.

-> one point to note regarding the backup device not being saved is whether there is any issue with the DRS master and DRS local services; can you confirm if the services remain Started all the while when you are testing this scenario.

Hello!

Thank you to all of you, I did a test with some of this applications that you recommend and I see that I have communication from my backup device to my CUCM server but I donĀ“t have communication from my CUCM server to my backup device, that is why the DRS is not saving the backup device.

Right now I am checking my switching configuration in order to figure out why is this happening.

Regards!

IvƔn