cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Bulk Import, Improve speed

michelbarry
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if we can improve the Import and/or export speed of processing?

I need to import 30k Route Pattern, my test show me that will last for 3-4 hours, while the Publisher CPU is still 75% idle.

Is there a way to improve the speed?

I saw in Service Parameter > Bulk Admin there is a setting named: Default Throttling Limit. wich is set to 1000 and be change up to 10000, but same after restarting the setting and the service, the import speed is the same.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From what I know you can not do anything to affect the speed of the processing of bulk jobs. What you can do is write your own interface to the AXL API and run the setup of the configuration that way. It would likely be quite a lot quicker than the bulk job.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Is it the upload/download that is taking 3-4 hours, or the actual running of the job that is taking that long?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

michelbarry
Level 1
Level 1

Running the job.

From what I know you can not do anything to affect the speed of the processing of bulk jobs. What you can do is write your own interface to the AXL API and run the setup of the configuration that way. It would likely be quite a lot quicker than the bulk job.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg 's suggestion/idea is great.

Playing devil's advocate, 30k is a lot of route patterns.  Is there a need to have these imported quickly?  If not, is there a reason why you couldn't schedule this to run off-hours?  To Roger's point above if you need to increase the processing time then using API would be the way to go.  However if you are not proficient at using the API, you may end up spending more time working with the API then it would take you to just load the job and let it run.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!