Helpful
Replies

CUCM CUPS Integration

Gowrishankar NC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a small query.

I have installed CUCM 8.6 unrestricted version on VM ware for my lab. Now can I integrate a restricted version of Cisco unified presence with CUCM unrestricted?? Will that works?

Regards,

Gowrishankar

3 Replies 3

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

CUCM and IM and Presence Service nodes in the same cluster must either all be in unrestricted mode or all be restricted.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can I mix restricted and unrestricted images in the same cluster??

This was possible in 9.x, however, in 10.x, all servers, CUCM and IM&P, need to be running either restricted, or unrestricted across the board.

If you are upgrading from IM and Presence Service 10.0(1) Export Unrestricted to any higher release of IM and Presence Service Export Unrestricted (including Service Updates), you must install the following COP file before you begin the upgrade: ciscocm.cup.unrst_upgrade_10_0_1_v1.2.cop.sgn.
Reference: Upgrade Paths for IM and Presence Service 10.x

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUPS/IM%26P_FAQ#Can_I_mix_restricted_and_unrestricted_images_in_the_same_cluster.3F.3F

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

ramans2
Level 1
Level 1

IM& Presence is the part of call manager cluster in 10.x and above , as we can not add subscribers in difrent vresion(resetricted or unrestricted) we wont be able to add restricted version in non restricted versions as all IM nodes will be subscriber.

but in pre 10.x version it was never part of cluster as im&p itself become the primary and secondry server so i think its a posibility it will work in 8.x.