cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Database Replication - Monitoring and Alerting

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a way to monitor database replication without having to manually check it, and Alert when there is an issue?

RTMT has an alert for called DBReplicationFailure.

The document says it triggers on status: 3 (Bad Replication) or 4 (Replication Setup Not Successful)

I came across an issue where replication state was:   (-) Replication Not Setup

I’m not sure the ‘DBReplicationFailure’ would trigger on this.

We only found it when the customer called and said he changed a DN on a phone, then the phone wouldn’t register.

We found that replication was broken.

Wondering if there would have been a proactive way to discover this.

Even if with 3rd party tools.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bill,

It does. You should get a DBReplicationFailure alert if you set it up to email you via the alert properties. That is exactly the alert I got from RTMT a couple of days ago when we lost connectivity to one of our remote sites, among several other alerts and it was within minutes.

Jason

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Bill,

From the CLI enter command utils dbreplication runtimestate. Every server in the cluster should be (2), if it is, then if there is a failure it will alert via RTMT. If every server isn't a 2, then you have a replication issue already. 

Thanks Jason

So anytime the status changes away from 2, RTMT will notify?

That is exactly what I am looking for.

I haven't had a chance to try it.

I'm not sure how to make replication fail to see if the alerts work.

Bill,

It does. You should get a DBReplicationFailure alert if you set it up to email you via the alert properties. That is exactly the alert I got from RTMT a couple of days ago when we lost connectivity to one of our remote sites, among several other alerts and it was within minutes.

Jason