Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Early Offer SIP Trunk - "Older SCCP Phones"

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys

I have a SIP Trunk between my CUCM and CUBE and right now it's using Delayed Offer and I need to change it to Early Offer. I have read that using MTP check box on SIP Trunk will enable EO but I don't want to use and MTP on every outbound call so I read that in the  SIP Profile applied to that SIP Trunk there is and option call "Early Offer supported for voice and video calls: Best Offer (NO MTP inserted)" that will enable EO without MTP but also there is a limitation that is the SCCP Phone is too old it will always use DO so  I would like to know which SCCP Models cisco recognize as ols model?  

SIP Phones --- SIP Trunk using EO Best Effer NO MTP insertes ---- it will send EO

Newer SCCP Phones --- SIP Trunk using EO Best Effer NO MTP insertes ---- it will send EO

Older SCCP Phones --- SIP Trunk using EO Best Effer NO MTP insertes ---- it will send DO

3 Replies 3

AFAIK it will be 79XX.  

Response Signature

Hi,

All phones supporting SCCP Version 20 where the feature was introduced.

The SCCPV20 was introduced in release 9.1.1 so I guess some models of 79XX series still support it.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

When Cisco makes a distinction between "older" and "newer" SCCP phones, they are usually referring to Type-A versus Type-B. Among other things, Type-A does OOB DTMV where Type-B is compliant with RFC2833 (rtp-nte).

The Type-A phones are also those that do not run Cisco Unified SIP if converted to SIP, and so if converted to SIP they become generic 3rd-party SIP Phones (and outdated SIP at that).

Type A: 7905, 7912, 7940, 7960, and probably 7970

Type B: Other 79XX Series Phones

Maren