cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM / Hunt Group: Hide incoming external Name & Number from HG/HL/LG

lkerznowski
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to see if there is a way to "hide" the caller ID aspects of an incoming, external call as it's going through a Hunt Group... but then correctly display at the later destination (for us, the Reception consoles). CUCM 10.5.2

Description of problem/request:

This is in reference to a parts department related issue for incoming calls. While we do have the Cisco UCCX Call Center deployed for most of our branches for the Parts departments, one branch was removed from the Call Center by management request and is currently implemented in just a Hunt Group configuration. 

Upon further request, I'm being asked if there's a way to hide the calling number and caller ID names from the parts employees in this Hunt Group. I guess there are reports of employees not answering an incoming parts call due to them not wanting to talk to a specific customer or company. This is leading to customer complains of long hold and waiting times.

The current Hunt Group is set up to just blast (broadcast) all the parts phones at that branch. If the call is not answered in 24 seconds, the call is then routed to the Receptionist consoles (CUAC).

Call Flow:

1) Caller dials the main number, which is sent to our Cisco Unity Connect handler (CUC)

2) After selecting Parts through the system call handler, the call is redirected back to CUCM and into the Branch Parts Hunt Group queue (x6778)

3) The Hunt Group queue uses a Hunt List which contains only 1 Line Group (which broadcasts to all the branch's parts phones) for 24 seconds [6 rings].

4) If the call is not answered, it is sent from CUCM to the branch's CUAC Reception queue to be handled by the receptionist

Current troubleshooting:

I've tried searching for other answer reguarding this, but I can't seem to find specifically what I'm asking for to be done. In testing, I've currently set up a test Hunt Group, Hunt List, and Line Group that I'm using the test results. I'm using a translation pattern of one of our unused Direct Dial block lines to direct a call directly into the test Hunt Group... and then included both my work extension and a second test phone in my office to ring. I'm calling in off my personal cell phone so that it displays as an external caller would.

Please note, we use Cisco Jabber at our branches. All of the parts employees at this branch use Jabber as their phone (as they use wireless headsets) so I need to make sure the information is hidden from the Jabber incoming call notification as well. This is why I'm using both my extension (which I use my computer/Jabber for as well), in addition to the test phone which is just a 7841.

The only settings that I've found to somewhat do what I need is in the Hunt Group settings under "Calling Part Transformations". I can 'restrict' the Calling Line ID Presentation and the Calling Name Presentation', which does work by replacing the Caller ID Name and Number with "Private" on both the Jabber display and the 7841 (while still displaying the Hunt Group description so they would know it's the queue ringing). However.... once the call falls back to the reception console, the console does NOT display the number in the branch queue. This is a problem as the Receptionist remember incoming numbers to answer according based on how many times a called has fallen back and need to be directed to.

Is there a way to hide that incoming call number and caller name within a Hunt Group (so that the employees will not specifically know who is calling)... but then also keep the correct number when it's redirected back to the reception console?

0 Replies 0