Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM IM and Presence services 10.5 not starting after hostname change

DrReddy's
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I have faced problems with CUCM IM and Presence 10.5 after hostname change.

java.net.UnknownHostException: drlmow-vm-imap-node-1: drlmow-vm-imap-node-1: Name or service not known
        at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1496)
        at com.cisco.iptplatform.cli.CliSettings.<init>(CliSettings.java:144)
        at com.cisco.iptplatform.cli.CliSettings.getInstance(CliSettings.java:119)
        at sdMain.initialize(sdMain.java:521)
        at sdMain.main(sdMain.java:676)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: drlmow-vm-imap-node-1: Name or service not known
        at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)
        at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:922)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1316)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1492)
        ... 4 more

Part of the services just not starting. They hang in endless "Starting" status.

Later i learned that changing hostnames in CUCM environment should be done with great caution. But it's already done. And mostly everything works fine after that. (UC both nodes, CUCM Node 2).

Most of the services works separately IM and Presence OS Admin, Servicability etc. But IM and Presence Administration doesn't work and selector in upper right of the screen disappeared.

What can be done to restore functionality?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rath,

I forgot to post the solution here. I reviewed server with Cisco TAC representative. And we decided to remove IM and Presence and redo it from the ground :)

VM was beyond recovery.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Could you verify the "Post-Change Task List for IM and Presence Service Nodes" as explained in this document ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/10_0_1/ipchange/CUCM_BK_C3782AAB_00_change-ipaddress-hostname-100/CUCM_BK_C3782AAB_00_change-ipaddress-hostname-100_chapter_0101.html#CUCM_RF_P43D62F1_00

If you have verified all and still experiencing issues, a restore will be the next option or TAC

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Rath,

I forgot to post the solution here. I reviewed server with Cisco TAC representative. And we decided to remove IM and Presence and redo it from the ground :)

VM was beyond recovery.

Thanks for the reply. Thats my thought as well. Either TAC gets the root access and manually correct or rebuilt.

Glad to hear your issue is resolved.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***