Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM inbound call redirection to sip phones

iprojetos
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys.

I know that this is probably such a simple question, but i have been searching for hours for a simple way to route 5 external numbers to 5 SIP phones in the CUCM (the phones are already registered and working fine internally) .

I already have a SIP TRUNK with a provider and the outbound calls are working just fine. But i just don't know how to configure the inbound calls in a simple way. No filters, no translations and no advanced features are necessary. Just a simple inbound call route to a extension in the Call Manager.

The CUCM version is 10.5.

Can anyone help? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If those are DID's configure the number of digits your telco is delivering in the phones, and configure the inbound CSS in the SIP trunk (and whatever transformation you might need)

In the GW, configure a dial peer(s) pointing to your CUCM(s)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If those are DID's configure the number of digits your telco is delivering in the phones, and configure the inbound CSS in the SIP trunk (and whatever transformation you might need)

In the GW, configure a dial peer(s) pointing to your CUCM(s)

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime,

The GW part is done.

But i don't see exactly where in CUCM, at the CSS page, to configure the internal phone number to be redirected to when the DID number that is called from outside.

At Elastix, i use the "inbound route page" to set the DID number and the extension number at the same page, which is pretty simple. But in CUCM the steps are a bit of confusion.

You use the same H.323 GW, SIP trunk, MGCP, etc. configuration for inbound and outbound.

The same page has the settings for inbound calls, and outbound calls.

HTH

java