cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM installation

shaikh ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

I have  MCS-7835 with windows operating system and there is also CUCM 8.0 installed. the question is how i can delete 8.0 and installed  8.6. Is there any document??

Any help will be highly appreciated.      

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

HI Shaikh,

Please refer the below link for CUCM 8.6 install,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_6_1/install/cmins861.html

Also please ensure that the existing harware is supported from the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Thanks .. but there is confusion shall we use windows OS for this installation ?? i mean it can be done??

Hi Shaikh,

CUCM 8.6 works on Linux not on windows. You just need the CUCM installer (DVD), if you are planning to install it fresh just insert it and use the install guide to for step by step instructions.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate all helpful posts !!

Hi

How it can be to use cucm 8.x version with OS windows??

When you insert a disk for a new installation from version 5.x and later  if i am correct  the cd built a linux OS and also built the cucm application

Regards

chrysostomos

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

There is no Windows version CUCM, the last Windows version was 4.3 which is quite old, anything starting with version 5 has been Linux appliance, which means you do not install OS as it is embaded within the Cisco CUCM installer.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

shaikh ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

In this case , there was an issue with MCS server and IBM enigneer upgarded the BIOS of server and he installed Windows OS

to do the upgrade.