Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - License Out Of Compliance Question

Quintin.Mayo
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Our CUCM is reporting the system license is out of compliance, when checking the license report it shows the Essential licenses is the cause. All the unassigned devices are analog phones that are placed in hotel rooms so they aren't assigned to any user.  My question is can we create a generic user account and assign to the phones to  free up licensing or will additional licensing need to be purchase.  We are currently unable to do any provisioning because the system is out of compliance. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

You need to have essential license to cover the analogue devices.

My question is can we create a generic user account and assign to the phones to  free up licensing >>> Do you have any free  license available  ?  Lower tier will borrow from upper tier if license available.  What you expect by assigning users. 

Could you share the license usage  screenshot from PLM/ELM or smart account. 

Since you are in Lock state, contact Cisco licensing TAC/Local Cisco SE for a demo license and Fix the license compliance and Then you can make changes. 

Few days back my customer had a similar issue , His call manger has crossed grace period to fix the license issues. But when he restarted the CUCM he got another  one more day and  he could fix the license problems. The  CUCm version was 10.5

Response Signature