cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM migrating from open directory to active directory

theonetruekevin
Level 1
Level 1

This may be in the wrong place. I am new to these boards. 

The situation is that We currently have our call manager/voicemail users synced with open directory and we want to move to active directory. As I understand it, the steps are to delete the open directory that is using uid and add the active directory that will use sAMAccount and then do a full sync and everyone should just update. When I went to delete the open directory, I got a warning that all of my LDAP synced users will be deleted. Has anyone ever had to do this before and have any tips for me? I'm on CM11.5.1

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply. I actually just completed the migration about 10 minutes ago. I just got a bit worried when I got the message that all of my users would be deleted. 

For anyone else that finds this and is doing the same thing, deleting the LDAP directory does make all of your users inactive LDAP users but they are not actually deleted until the next day. I deleted the LDAP directory, added the new LDAP directory and once I did a sync, all of my users were activated again with no duplicates.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I haven't done that migration. But as the users are synced with one LDAP (Open directory in your case) and you are basically changing the whole LDAP syncing again. You are enabling the LDAP sync with AD using sAMAccountname and then your create your LDAP directories with searchbase and other parameters. Once you sync it, all the existing users will be moved to a non Active status. These users will be deleted on the next Garbage time of CUCM.

As long as your AD is working fine and the user permissions are good, I dont think you have to worry something here, though you need to do this on a maintenance window period.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thanks for the reply. I actually just completed the migration about 10 minutes ago. I just got a bit worried when I got the message that all of my users would be deleted. 

For anyone else that finds this and is doing the same thing, deleting the LDAP directory does make all of your users inactive LDAP users but they are not actually deleted until the next day. I deleted the LDAP directory, added the new LDAP directory and once I did a sync, all of my users were activated again with no duplicates.

Right! and I am glad you got it working.

the inactive users will be deleted only during the garbage collection time and its a fixed time at 3:15AM. Unfortunately you cant edit the time.

GARBAGE COLLECTION.JPG

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: