cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM migration from 11.0 to 14

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

What is the best way to migrate from 11.0 to 14.

Since there was no existing contract we can only build new cluster and migrate the data from cucm 11 cluster to new cucm 14 cluster..

what all things to consider in this case?

do we need to use new IP for new cucm 14 cluster?

in this case can we backup data from CUCM 11 and restore to NEW CUCM 14 cluster? Doing so we will get all our phones another configuration data to new cluster.

is this possible?

for the phones to get register to new cluster what we need to do? I think we will face certificate issue ? we have 600 phones .. how we can overcome this issue as well?

16 Replies 16

ra 011
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to add to the above that Fresh install with data import also will takecare of certificates , CTL , ITL also and will be moved to the new CUCM 14v Cluster without any issue in registration with Mixed mode or ITL secure by default

If you are chaining the IP address, you must exchange the certificates. If not the phones will fail to register with the new CUCM.

You can remove the ITL certificates by "Prepare Cluster for Rollback to Pre-8.0" or manually removing it by some third party tools.

I would suggest to use PCD and it avoid the manual process of data export. And PCD can migrate to same IP or different IP.

If you are using different IP, PCD will force Pause to complete the certificate exchange.

In data export option you are not making a backup. Backup restore is a different process. Even you export data you must exchange the certificates for the phones to trust new cluster.

Response Signature