Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM MVA over SIP trunk

michelegarribba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i need to setup the MVA feature over a sip trunk ( also called DISA ) . Where can i find an example or a config guide?

i found a lot about h.323 but nothing on sip.

i'm ok with the first part in enabling the service and configuring the numbering part, but i didn't well undestand the sip trunk

part.

can someone point me in the righ direction?

thanks

Michele

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well it is possible to have it that way for SIP calls, assuming you don't need SIP trunk authentication and demarcation (not recommended), but I dont see how you can get MVA to work without routing via CUBE as the MVR IVR is triggered via TCL on a GW, so you would need to hairpin the call through a GW/CUBE along the path.

From SRND:

The architecture of the Mobile Voice Access and Enterprise Feature Access feature is as important to understand as their functionality. Figure 25-24 depicts the message flows and architecture required for Mobile Voice Access and Enterprise Feature Access. The following sequence of interactions and events can occur between Unified CM, the PSTN gateway, and the H.323 or SIP VXML gateway:

1. Unified CM forwards IVR prompts and instructions to the H.323 or SIP VXML gateway via HTTP (see step 1 in Figure 25-24). This provides the VXML gateway with the ability to play these prompts for the inbound Mobile Voice Access callers.

2. The H.323 or SIP VXML gateway uses HTTP to forward Mobile Voice Access user input back to Unified CM (see step 2 in Figure 25-24).

3. The PSTN gateway forwards DTMF digits in response to user or Smart Phone key sequences from the remote destination phone for Enterprise Feature Access two-stage dialing and mid-call features (see step 3 in Figure 25-24).

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The H323 example should be identical, all that would be different is the dial-peer configuration where it specifies it is a SIP dial-peer.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for the answer, but i mean a sip trunk in the cucm, somenthing like this

cucm-------->sip--------->provider 

no gateway in the middle.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Michele

Well it is possible to have it that way for SIP calls, assuming you don't need SIP trunk authentication and demarcation (not recommended), but I dont see how you can get MVA to work without routing via CUBE as the MVR IVR is triggered via TCL on a GW, so you would need to hairpin the call through a GW/CUBE along the path.

From SRND:

The architecture of the Mobile Voice Access and Enterprise Feature Access feature is as important to understand as their functionality. Figure 25-24 depicts the message flows and architecture required for Mobile Voice Access and Enterprise Feature Access. The following sequence of interactions and events can occur between Unified CM, the PSTN gateway, and the H.323 or SIP VXML gateway:

1. Unified CM forwards IVR prompts and instructions to the H.323 or SIP VXML gateway via HTTP (see step 1 in Figure 25-24). This provides the VXML gateway with the ability to play these prompts for the inbound Mobile Voice Access callers.

2. The H.323 or SIP VXML gateway uses HTTP to forward Mobile Voice Access user input back to Unified CM (see step 2 in Figure 25-24).

3. The PSTN gateway forwards DTMF digits in response to user or Smart Phone key sequences from the remote destination phone for Enterprise Feature Access two-stage dialing and mid-call features (see step 3 in Figure 25-24).

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

i've more clear ideas now, i'll go on.

michele

Hello,

Did you ever find any solution for MVA over SIP trunk ?

Thank you

The setup that the OP described won’t work for MVA. The call has to go through a voice gateway for MVA to work.

Response Signature