yadwindersingh
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CUCM MCS 7845 servers 

1. Publisher

2 TFTP

3 Subscriber

4 Bckup Subscriber

I Have an issue. When i tries to register new IP phone On the display of VOIP it always show Registering . In CUCM It registers automatically to Publisher server and Generate Auto assigned number but immediately show unregistered. I checked everything from network side its OK. and i am able to ping VOIP ip form my location. Again when i deleted phone entry from my server then phone automatically register again and generate other auto assigned number and shows unregistered immediately. 

mean to say phone registers and immediately unregisters. Please help me find the exact issue.

same problem i am facing at 4-5 remote locations on same Server. But the phones that are already registered those are working fine. No impact on my other services. RTMT report is normal. 

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Check what you have in the System/Servers menu in CCMAdmin.

You probably have hostnames in there that are not resolvable by the phones. Either set DNS servers in the phone DHCP scope and add the names to DNS, or replace them with IP address in System/Servers.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Already Checked. Configured with IP only no DNS

OK... grab the config file from CUCM and see what's in it:

(you may need to install TFTP client first from add/remove windows components):

tftp x.x.x.x get sepwhatever.cnf.xml

x.x.x.x = CUCM TFTP

sepwhatever = devicename

Post her up if not sure...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron ,

just wonder if there is anyway , we could look at the RTMT to see ? the registration process?

only issue I have is I have tied in the past to look and get lost ..

is there anyway we could run from cli and reset the phone to see if the tftp  registration works?

appreciate , we have this issue on a on going with multiple clusters , I could work out a better way to see the phone registration .

Thank you..

Sam

I can't understand how you can have more than one cluster and not be able to get a phone registered.

Can you tell me more about your scenario generally? 

If you are  moving phones between clusters, are you clearing your ITLs? 

sorry perhaps I didn't explain well : 

> we have Multiple clusters with the hosted platform.,use the VOSS solution within the HUCS hosted platform.

> the typical problems are with certain type of phones (ex :7942,7940,even 8831)

> typically , when we try to register certain type  of phones , this is where the issues starts .

how do I clear the ITLs , ? we dont use this as far I know -given that the deployment is secured .,

can I use a CLI to clear the ITLs?,also I would live to be in a position where we can monitor the tftp request process from RTMT (here am failing, -at least we are confident that the issues can only be phone types ?

Aaron Sir,

I restart the Call-manager services of my my publisher. Now i am able to register my phones. 

Now can you please tell me how to check the logs so that i can share the RCA for the same.

if you have any idea please tell me why it was happened.