cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Recording with secure SIP Trunk to CUBE

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with our recording setup.

I have created the recording profile and secure sip trunk to our cube. 

When I make a call, I see the call coming in, but the call is not sent to the recorder.

When I do 'debug voice dialpeer all' I see that the outgoing dial peer is matched, but my incoming dialpeer is not matched.

Result=NO_MATCH(-1) After All Match Rules Attempt

My incoming dial peer is configured with 'incoming called-number .' so it should match any incoming call.

I have also tried to match the dial peer on the ip of the cucm, but I have the same problem then.

Any ideas what else I can do?

Kind regards

Didier Derveaux

17 Replies 17

It would match the inbound dial peer before the outbound, so as you say it matches your defined outbound dial peer it would need to have matched an inbound dial peer. Possibly not the one you intended it to match, but nevertheless a dial peer would have been matched in the inbound direction. Look at this document for all the details that you’ll likely ever need to know about call routing in IOS. Explain Cisco IOS and IOS XE Call Routing 

Response Signature

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Roger,

that is what I was thinking to at first, but I see in the debug 

'dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore: Result=NO_MATCH(-1) After All Rules Attempt

And also: Outgoing Dial-peer=8000 Is Matched (4 digits)

Can you please share the output from these two debugs running, debug ccsip message and debug voip ccapi inout, in a text file? Also please share your running configuration in a text file. Please outline the called and calling numbers and the dial peers that you'd want to see matched.

Response Signature

Adding that it would be recommended to use information in the VIA header to match your inbound dial peer instead of "incoming called-number .".

Response Signature

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

I have already tried to match the inbound dialpeer on the ip in the VIA, also no success there...

I am working on a classified and offline environment so it is difficult for me to share config and logs. I will ask permission to do this, but I don't know how fast I will get the permission...

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

I can tell you that in ccsip messages, I see the invites coming in and the cube sends 'trying' back to the call manager, but I see no invites going out to the recorder.

In ccapi debug I see the caller and called number.

There has to be a match on the incoming dial-peer.
And honestly, I've never used "debug voice dial-peer all", as it has way to much output for just checking the matched dial-peers.

Just use:
debug voice ccapi ind 1
debug voice ccapi ind 2
debug voice ccapi ind 74

The have all the info you need for troubleshooting in a short block.

Furthermore, why don't you post a debug output for everyone to see and check on their own? This would make helping a lot easier. Compared to the chunks of info you provide^^

as I already mentioned, I am working on a classified and offline system, so uploading logs and config files is prohibited.

I will try the debug commands you suggested.

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

Also, when I do 'debug voip uri' I see that there is a match on my voice class uri, but I still get no match in 'debug voice dialpeer all'

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

I received permission to share logs and debug. I had to remove any classified info such as ip's and domain names.

The test call was a call from 2001 to 2003. 8888 is the number of the recorder.

The debug contains no relevant information.
Where is the rest of the incoming call?
Why didn't you enable the other debugs to troubleshoot / confirm the dial-peer selection?

Where is the call part for the outgoing call towards the recorder?
Maybe there is no TLS connection possible between the CUBE and the recorder.
Have you confirmed, that the connection is working in the first place?
Does the recorder even work with TLS?
Do you see a succesfull connection in "show sip-ua connections tcp tls details" for the connection to the recorder?

Roger Kallberg asked me to deliver the output of these commands: debug ccsip message and debug voip ccapi inout

This is what's in the output file.

Yes, I see a TLS connection to the recorder

The issue is that I see no outgoing invites to the recorder, so you will not find them in the logs... We had the recorder working with TLS when the recordings went directly from CUCM to the recorder. Our client asked to add a Cube and we can't seem to get this working... I will upload a more detailed output.

I don't see the output of the "debug voip ccapi" ...

As I said, the TLS connection probably isn't working in the first place, so there won't be a SIP message.
You probably have to troubleshoot the TLS connection first.

Out of curiosity are all the dial peers operational?

Response Signature