Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Timezone DST check

Hi folks,

Here in Brazil we have some problems with the definition of Daylight Saving Time, so in the period of start and end of DST is like a little hell to us.

So I´m try to found a method to identify if the UC application of some customers will be impacted with DST changes. And if someone could help me I will be grateful.

So, first of all, I checked the updates of time zone in Download pages and found the lastest 2012c.

The CUCM cluster of my company are running the TZ 2011h and no problems were detected with DST .

admin:show timezone config

Current timezone: Brasilia Time (America/Sao_Paulo)

Timezone version: 2011h

So I deduce that this version is updated with the lastest dates defined by the countries. Correct ?

Look the output:

admin:run sql select * from typetimezone where enum = 17

enum name              description          moniker                    bias stddate             stdbias dstdate              dstbias abbreviation legacyname                             

==== ================= ==================== ========================== ==== =================== ======= ==================== ======= ============ =======================================

17   America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00) Brasilia TIMEZONE_AMERICA_SAO_PAULO 180  0/2/0/3,00:00:00:00 0       0/10/0/3,00:00:00:00 -60     BST          E. South America Standard/Daylight Time

0/2/0/3  = day/month/year/week to start

0/10/0/3 = day/month/year/week to end

This is a specific details of the timezone that my system is using.

Two Questions:

Is correct to say that what is out of this time period (Feb,third week ~ Oct, third week) will be applied the DST ?

Can I be sure that my timezone won´t impacted collecting the informations above?

Sorry my english, I´m trying to improving

Thx all.

Leonardo Oliveira
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Leo,

The only related change in TZ2012c is;

* "America/Sao_Paulo" changed end date to Sat Feb 25 in 2012.

This has already passed so you should be good to go

CSCtz20987 - DST: Update CM to Olson TZ version 2012c

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Leo,

The only related change in TZ2012c is;

* "America/Sao_Paulo" changed end date to Sat Feb 25 in 2012.

This has already passed so you should be good to go

CSCtz20987 - DST: Update CM to Olson TZ version 2012c

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

Thx Rob.

Leonardo Oliveira

Hello,
here in Bulgaria we have the same issue with DST. Only the last generation of IP phones are impacted. We use time zone Europe/Sofia +2 and winter time comes 1 week early according to TZ 2015a. It says  TIMEZONE_EUROPE_SOFIA -120 0/10/0/4,04:00:00:00 which is mean 4th Sunday of October but this year October has 5 Sundays. TZ 2015a is the last cop file from cisco. We used Call Manager 8.6.2. My idea is can we use some old *.cop file where October has 5 Sundays?