Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/UNITY/Expressway ssh version2

My customer is requesting to configure ssh version 2 on their CUCM/Unity/Expressway servers

CUCM/UNITY versions 11.5.1

Expressway servers X8.9.2

Where or how I can get ssh version and ssh parameters for CUCM/Unity servers.

Do these servers (CUCM/Unity) need an upgrade or cop files installation to disable ssh version1?

Does expressway server needs an upgrade to disable ssh version1?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I try to connect with SSH version 1 to either of the system types you ask about I'm getting this client error.

image.png

Meaning that the systems do not support SSH version 1. We are however on more current versions of all these, for CM and CUC we're on v14 and for Expressway we're on X14.3.1, so I can't say for sure about the version you're on. That said you should really consider updating to something more current as your versions are EOL.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

If I try to connect with SSH version 1 to either of the system types you ask about I'm getting this client error.

image.png

Meaning that the systems do not support SSH version 1. We are however on more current versions of all these, for CM and CUC we're on v14 and for Expressway we're on X14.3.1, so I can't say for sure about the version you're on. That said you should really consider updating to something more current as your versions are EOL.

Response Signature

Roger, thanks so much for your reply.

Yes, when I try to connect on CUCM, UNITY & exway using ssh ver 1 I get:

"SSH protocol version 1 required by our configuration but not provided by remote"

So that confirm me that those servers are only supporting SSH ver 2, is it correct?

Thanks so much for your HELP!

Roger, if any Cisco collaboration server accepts ssh ver1 connection, are you aware about how I can upgrade to ssh ver2 only support?

Does it require an upgrade or cop files installation?

Thanks so much for your help.

AFAIK no current version does that. It would be an upgrade of the entire version if there are any that uses anything other than SSH v2. So it would be a ISO upgrade, not COP. However I’ve never run across this in any of the past or current versions I’ve ever worked on.

Response Signature

AS ALWAYS THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT HELP!!!!!!

Enrique