cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from 12.5 SU6 to 12.5 SU7 ?

bix99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, just looking for some direction (it has been many years since I have administered cucm - so please bare with me).

I require to upgrade our CUCM environment from 12.5 SU6 to 12.5 SU7. I want to ensure ive covered all bases and make sure we are not going to run into any issues.

What's the best way to ensure our environment is supported and ready to go from SU6 > SU7? many years ago I believe I used to run a COP file to check compatibility but not sure if that's required for such a  'minor' upgrade path? I have gone through release notes and cant see anything really relevant or that stands out, is there any other methods I should be doing to make sure the upgrade will be seamless, best practice to perform before doing such an upgrade?

Just trying to ensure we don't run into any unsupported hardware/devices or things along those lines, as the system is quite critical to our business and stretches across a number of devices and users. 

Thanks in advanced for any advice.

5 Replies 5

Its mandatory to run the preupgrade COP file on all nodes. Check for any failed test cases, fix them before upgrade.

Its also mandatory to read the below

- Release notes for SU7

-Read me guide for SU7

Response Signature

The update within a version is usually quite straightforward. Run the latest version of the pre-update check COP file, look for any errors and/or warnings and correct them. Once you’ve satisfied you have corrected any errors and significantly important warnings run the pre-update check again to verify once again. Then run the update, my recommendation is to use the cluster upgrade option as that is by far the best way IMO to do an upgrade. After that’s completed switch the version, easiest way to do so is from the webUI as you can do it in a controlled way in the sequence that you want in one place. Once the system is operational run the post-update check COP to verify any errors and/or warnings after that upgrade completes.

Response Signature

bix99
Level 1
Level 1

Is this failure any concern, will it prevent the install from going ahead? (I will be going from 12.5SU6 - 12.5SU8a).

1.3 FAIL Filesystem Checks

All destination releases:

This server is using an older filesystem type (ext3).
To resolve either
- backup-reinstall-restore your source release in a new virtual machine
with 110GB virtual hard disk, then direct upgrade to 15
- Use a direct migration option to get to 15 (see upgrade guide on
cisco.com for details).

PASS: You have 44888603576 bytes (41 GB) of required 20822113189 bytes (19
GB) common partition space required for direct upgrade to 15.

PASS: You have 44888181688 bytes (41 GB) of required 19740035936 bytes (18
GB) common partition space required for direct upgrade to 14.

PASS: You have 44888095672 bytes (41 GB) of required 19731766112 bytes (18
GB) common partition space required for direct upgrade to 12.5.

That failure is for an upgrade to v15, so it would not be related to your upgrade.

Response Signature

That failed case shouldn't be a problem for your upgrade

Response Signature