cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade from 9.1.2 to 10.5 using PCD

clpaul
Level 1
Level 1

Customer currently has VM cluster running software below and will be upgading to 10.5 using PCD on same hardware.  I am a little confused with the various upgrade guides etc.  Since this in on the same hardware do we need to deploy the OVA for the installtion or will PCD deploy them?  Thanks!

1. Contact Center Express Quality Manager
        2. Contact Center Express Workforce Management
        3. Contact Center Express
        4. Unified Communications Manager
        5. Unity Connection
        6. Presence
4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer to below document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_0100.html

Regards

Deepak

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a HUGE difference between an UPGRADE and a MIGRATION in PCD, which one are you planning to do????

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It would be an upgrade.  The customer is currently running 9.1(2) on VMWare server (Not bare metal servers) and upgrading to 10.5.  I know PCD will install the 10.5 in an inactive partition and then switch it to active after the install.  I just did not know if we had to deploy the OVA files for 10.5 before the install or not.  Thanks!

I don't think you understand the difference, the UPGRADE DOES NOT require you to deploy any OVA files. The MIGRATION DOES require you to deploy blank OVA files to install the fresh 10.x/11.x and then migrate the information.

The UPGRADE on PCD, is the SAME thing you would do manually, the main difference is that PCD will load the ISO on your behalf and kick start the process.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate