Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade

omarahmed
Level 1
Level 1

hello 

im try to upload CUCM 12.5 ISO TO my Sub i got this error The version obtained from the name does not match the active or inactive version of the publisher  i remove the sub from cluster i still has same issue 

thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think you destroyed the whole cluster.

If you have backup restore and do the Upgrade and IP change following the recommended  procedure.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Have you updated the publisher before you tried to run the update on the subscriber? If you remove the subscriber from the cluster you will not be able to update it, or for that fact do anything else with it.

Is this related to your previous post where you said that you changed the IP of your publisher in the middle of the upgrade process? If so you’d need to get the subscriber to be in an active connection with the publisher before you can proceed with any upgrade activity. The process of changing IP on a CM system is well documented, suggest that you read this before you go about with any of this.

Response Signature

i just change the ip and upload the iso to Pub but did not switch the iso to new one but i can not upload it  sub 

As @Nithin Eluvathingal wrote you have very likely wrecked your system. As asked before, why are you changing the IP of the publisher while you’re in the process of performing an update? It is clearly set as a prerequisite in the documentation for both upgrades and change of IP that the system needs to be in a fully functional state before you commence on either of these tasks. When you are in the middle of the upgrade process the system is not in a fully operational state and when you have not completed the whole process for IP change the system is not in a fully functional state.

Response Signature

I think you destroyed the whole cluster.

If you have backup restore and do the Upgrade and IP change following the recommended  procedure.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: