cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - v12.5 Status REJECTED

fgiffone
Level 1
Level 1

Newbie glorified end user holding no Cisco Cert's.  Selected the wrong device prior to initiating Super Copy of a 8851.  After Super Copy completed, deleted copied device.  Selected correct device.  Ran Super Copy.  Message on LCD, "Telephone service not available."  CUCM indicates new device status "Rejected".  Deleted new device.  Factory Reset new device.  Try Super Copy again.  Same result.  New device "Rejected".  I tried a 2nd 8851.  It too gets rejected.  NEED HELP!  Thank you.

If you're not part of the future then get out of the way! JCM
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Please share a photo of the label on the back of your phone and a screenshot of your device configuration in CM.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

There are couple of things to check.

• check the Mac address.
  • Check the phone type
  • Check the firmware.On the phone packing Cisco normally mention the min required firmware versions. Make sure you are using the same version. 

Response Signature

I am assuming that there is no auto registration configured. Is that correct? It does take a moment for everything to propagate before the phone config is registered. My suggestion would be to have the phone not connected to the network until everything is ready. You could even take a more extreme (but not service affecting) step of restarting the TFTP service on each of the CM nodes. After that is complete, then plug the phone in. If it still fails, it is likely a problem with the device type as @Nithin Eluvathingal mentioned. If you see it with a "registration rejected message" in CM, click on the phone IP and see what shows in the phone logs. That should give you an idea where to go. Failing that, why not just create a new phone with the MAC in question and see if you can get the phone to register? Debug one thing at a time.

6 Replies 6

Please share a photo of the label on the back of your phone and a screenshot of your device configuration in CM.

Response Signature

Roger,  Thank you for reaching out.  I figured out the issue was me.  I reference the wrong phone model.  Frank

There are couple of things to check.

• check the Mac address.
  • Check the phone type
  • Check the firmware.On the phone packing Cisco normally mention the min required firmware versions. Make sure you are using the same version. 

Response Signature

Nithin,  Thank you for reaching out.  I figured out the issue was me.  I reference the wrong phone model.  Frank

I am assuming that there is no auto registration configured. Is that correct? It does take a moment for everything to propagate before the phone config is registered. My suggestion would be to have the phone not connected to the network until everything is ready. You could even take a more extreme (but not service affecting) step of restarting the TFTP service on each of the CM nodes. After that is complete, then plug the phone in. If it still fails, it is likely a problem with the device type as @Nithin Eluvathingal mentioned. If you see it with a "registration rejected message" in CM, click on the phone IP and see what shows in the phone logs. That should give you an idea where to go. Failing that, why not just create a new phone with the MAC in question and see if you can get the phone to register? Debug one thing at a time.

Elliot,  Thank you for reaching out.  I figured out the issue was me.  I reference the wrong phone model.  Frank