cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Ver 15 impressions?

DMatthewM
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any real world impressions of the latest release? We have new servers coming and originally intended to deploy Version 14. The project was delayed and with version 15 released they are now recommending we go that route. I think on paper it makes plenty of sense, but I don't like buying a new product to be a beta tester. We run 24/7/365 so it makes me incredibly weary to deploy a new version. They say it's basically Version 14 on a different Linux Kernel, but that doesn't mean it's just a 1:1 swap either.

The only perspective I've gotten so far is from sales or sales engineers so I'd like to get some feedback from fellow administrators. You know, your paycheck doesn't rely on selling it.

3 Replies 3

We have CUCM 15 on our pre-production setup and it is working well. As you said, there are not many noticeable changes. Cisco rushed for  15 because Centos reached its end of life. CUCM 15 uses Alma LinuxA.Some of our customers who tested CUCM 15 in pre-production also reported positive results. We plan to move it to production in two weeks.”

Response Signature

Since you are moving it to production would it be fair to assume you feel it's just as stable as your current system? Our environment doesn't allow for much downtime and I don't want calls at 3am either lol.

We have v15 of CM and CUC running in our Sandbox system and so far we have not seen/experienced any issues in either of these. We’re currently planning the upgrade of our pre-production systems, but that won’t happen until a dependency for a 3:rd party system is fulfilled. That will likely be in about two months time, so before that we cannot give you any actual usage experience from end users.

Response Signature