cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Voice Mail Timestamp

apostollic
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CME/CUE on a 2811...All of my times/clocks show the proper time and synchronization..However, when my voice mails are played back, they reflect month day and time that I have not set...Is there a way to override the timestamp on CUE..I have reloaded..I have added a NTP source...show Clock detail shows the correct time, but still CUE plays the wrong recorded time for the message..thanks...

6 Replies 6

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUE doesn't have an internal clock source, so it relies totally on NTP and its configured timezone for time. If you do a 'show clock' on the CUE and a 'show run' (first line i think) will show you the timezone; that is what it will use when timestamping messages that are left. Note that if the clock is found to be slipping, there were a number of fixes that went into CUE1.1.2 to improve things.

There is a bug (don't have it offhand) where NTP to the router where CUE was did not work. Have to point CUE to a offbox NTP Server elsewhere and write mem, reboot then it is fine.

But you still should be at 1.1.2 version (or higher). The bug you mention really is a function of the router (in most cases--I think actually the whole 28xx series should be fine) being a poor NTP server and the CUE module being a poor NTP client (e.g. if the clock drifts more than 0.5 sec, you have to reboot to recover). That was fixed in 1.1.2 and things should be much, much better now.

I am at 1.1.1...It is a NM-CUE Module...If I point NTP to an offbox service..will it function, or DO I need to upgrade to 1.1.2...And if I do....does it blow away the whole config.....I mean 1.1.2 is 64MB of file....

I would strongly encourage you to upgrade to 1.1.2 at least. Using an offbox NTP service would possibly help, but there were enough problems with 1.1.1 that it would certainly be justified in upgrading.

Upgrading does require you to backup and restore the config/data on the CUE. You may even consider upgrading to the latest 2.0.1 release. From then on, loading the software and upgrading can occur in the background, so you don't have to take down the system while you're upgrading.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/unityexp/rel1_1_2/ccmcligd/ch2instl.htm#wp1055764

dhottle
Level 1
Level 1

I just went through this with CME 3.2 and CUE 1.1.. I absolutley had to have the NTP statement point to an external NTP server. I used 192.43.244.18