Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC v8.6.2 Misread Entries in Directory

Fikri FIRAT
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

We use CUEAC 8.6.2.611 with CUCM version 8.6.2.21015-1, when I log in to the Attendant Console, the directory entries are not up-to-date, some entries are missing, some are incorrect, some indicate wrong phone statuses. This causes a big problem to the operators to find the contact's number info. What could be the problem? How do you think it would be solved?

Regards,

Fikri                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the End User appears in CUCM it should also appear in CUEAC unless you have a Directory Filter setup to restrict the import. If CUEAC continues to not match CUCM then it's time to open a TAC SR on that front.

As for BLF status: remember that this may not happen automatically. You may need to set the target device to get BLF status from manually using the steps I outlined in my first response.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Fikri,

Make sure you have configured the scheduled syncronization correctly in the Web Admin, if this is not configured then there will be no updates.

You can refer to the configuration video at the following link if you need help:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3jC1gmgsRWPR4PLR2VWBhA?feature=CCQQwRs?

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the up-to-date problem you need to ensure that the LDAP Plugin service is synchronizing with CUCM regularly. This is configurable under System Configuration > Directory Synchronization. Be sure that it is on a schedule and then restart the service under Engineering > Service Management.

As for the BLF Status column: you may need to edit this manually under the Contact Details (Alternate-click on the record, Contact > Contact Details > Contact Numbers > Device), especially if the user has multiple devices. This is capable of showing the BLF status of the user's DN on a specific device only, not the DN across all device appearances. So, if the user has a CSF softphone and a SEP deskphone, you may need to manually adjust this to the SEP deskphone for BLF to show correctly. Tweak this as-needed once you get the directory resynced.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Dear Jonathan,

The directory synchronization feature is enabled, both on start-up and on reconnect. Scheduled daily since 2012-01-18. When I check the Engineering>Service Management, Attendant LDAP Plug-in, CUPS Plug-in, BLF Plug-in and Server are all active and fully operational. Do you think re-activating the services would resolve the issue?

Regards,

Fikri

Restart the LDAP Plugin service, logout and back into the client and see if things have improved any.

We have tried restarting the LDAP service, but it was no use. The directory is populated from the LDAP, but phone statuses are improperly updated, most of the newly included entries can not be seen.

If the End User appears in CUCM it should also appear in CUEAC unless you have a Directory Filter setup to restrict the import. If CUEAC continues to not match CUCM then it's time to open a TAC SR on that front.

As for BLF status: remember that this may not happen automatically. You may need to set the target device to get BLF status from manually using the steps I outlined in my first response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: