cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM 8.6 and Unity 8.0

b-krauthamer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have two stand alone Unity 8.0 servers, each partnered with a different version of MS Exchange.  I also have a server running Cisco Unified Operations Manager (CUOM) 8.6.  I have configured SNMP on both Unity servers identically and added both of them to CUOM.  Both devices are showing as fully monitored but CUOM is only detecting one of the two servers as a Unity server.

Server 1 is detected by CUOM with the following capabilities: MediaServer, VoiceServices, Unity, Host, Voice and Telephony

Server 2 is detected by CUOM with the following capabilities: MediaServer, Host, Voice and Telephony

Has anyone ever encountered this particular scenario with CUOM before?

Bryan

2 Replies 2

b-krauthamer
Level 1
Level 1

The answer for anyone who is interested is that I forgot to activate the RSK and therefore CDP on the second Unity server.  After doing that the server was detected properly by CUOM as a full-fledged Unity server.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan,

Just a quick question (since your topic relates to my challenge). I have installed CUOM 8.6 in the lab to monitor my CUCM 8.0 server, i tried everything but i couldn't come right in having CUCM monitored. But when i degraded my CUOM to version 8.0, i could monitor CUCM!!!

Can i use CUOM (upper version) to monitor CUCM (older versions) - i expected it to work but not after i tried it, am i missing something?