cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP Inter-clustering

josh.l.anderson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question regarding CUP Inter-clustering. I have two Presence servers set up, both attached to different Call Manager clusters, and I am trying to integrate Presence status indicators and contacts between the two. Both Call Manager clusters/Presence instances have the same LDAP root in Active Directory. Each Presence server (and Presence client) works independently, but I'm having issues with Presence status indicators / contacts between the two Presence servers. I should be able to accomplish this by using Inter-clustering, right? Or is there another way (or any way) to do this? When I look at the Sync Agent troubleshooter, the only error I see is this:

Fail

I only see this on one Presence server, the other one is fine. Is this the cause of my problems? What specifically is happening is that I can add contacts to the CUP client from the same CUP server, but I can't add contacts to the CUP client from the other CUP server. It just shows that it is waiting for approval, and the other client never sees anything. Am I misunderstanding how this should work, or is something broken? If I am misunderstanding, is there a different way I can accomplish this?

5 Replies 5

michael-luo
Level 1
Level 1

Why they have same mail id?

Michael

They are both synchronized to the same OU in AD, so I'm pretty sure all users will have the same mail id - it's not changable when LDAP synced.

I guess you licensed same users on two CUCM clusters.

Go to CUCM > System > License > Capability Assigments to check the licensed users.  Users should be licensed on one CUCM cluster, not both.

Michael

The users WERE licensed on the old cluster/presence server. Their License Capabilities have been removed, and they are now licensed on the new cluster/presence server. Here is what Presence Viewer shows for one of the users on the old presence server:

Unavailable

Unknown User Photo
user1
user1
Duplicate Users Found
Cisco Unified Personal Communicator
Desk Phone Control
Calendar Integration

Hi

I've exactly same issue as yours , running CUPS version 8.6.2, everythinh is OK with CUPS  troubleshooting tools . I've not the same mail ID my user have different UserID and are defined only on one cluster .

I'll keep you advise if i do any progress.

You can refer to the post : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3392443#3392443

Pb solved , pb was on AXL user's ritgh (  group "Intercluster Peer user" was missing)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: