cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.5 chat alerts

rquintavalle
Level 1
Level 1

I recall in version 7 of the CUPC client when someone sent you an IM the message would popup in front of all windows so you were aware someone sent you an IM.  With this version it does it for the initial IM someone sends you but all other IM's from that same session just flash at the bottom of your screen.  Our users like how it came to front for every IM ping.  Is there a setting I'm unaware of in the client, the registry or just not possible.  Is there a new release of the client coming down the pike that supports this?  I am on the most current client 8.5.1.18771 with CUPS 8.0.2.10000-30

4 Replies 4

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This definitely looks like a feature request. Pleaes contact Cisco Account or Sales team if there is any existing request or a new request needs to be made (most likely).

Thanks

We have users asking us the same thing, it does not seem possible unless I'm missing something.

Does anyone at Cisco know if this will be possible in the release of Jabber for Windows?

We still can't get chats to pop up to the front of the screen with Jabber for Windows, 9.0.1 or even now 9.0.3

Does anyone know if this is coming ?

JRoberts6670
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco Jabber version 11.8.4 which still does not have the option to bring the chat window to the front when receiving a new chat or reply.

Has someone submitted this as a feature request?