Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC and LYNC

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All

I wanted to know has any one out there done an intergation where you can use Microsoft Lync with CUPC. We just purchased another company and they use lync. We thought about having them switch all there stuff out and go to CUPC but they've invested alot of money in the MSFT product. So our VP of technology wanted me to find out can you make the Cisco client and the MSFT client work together. I've never worked in an environment where they have 2 different personal communicators before. Usually everyone has the samethng across the entire network but this is what they want to do so if anyone has seen this and can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it and thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What do you want from the integration?

You have a few choices, but typically you would want:

Federation for IM/Presence :http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6837/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

If they are using enterprise voice, you can also set up a SIP trunk to the Lync servers running Mediation. With appropriate configuration on both ends (e.g. route patterns for you, voice routing config for them) you can dial between Lync phones/clients and your Cisco voice estate. No video with such a software integration, but who really wants to look at their colleagues every day anyway?

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What do you want from the integration?

You have a few choices, but typically you would want:

Federation for IM/Presence :http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6837/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

If they are using enterprise voice, you can also set up a SIP trunk to the Lync servers running Mediation. With appropriate configuration on both ends (e.g. route patterns for you, voice routing config for them) you can dial between Lync phones/clients and your Cisco voice estate. No video with such a software integration, but who really wants to look at their colleagues every day anyway?

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

In reply to "who really wants to look at their colleagues every day"...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!   Thats brave talk in the post PC era where video is the new voice :-)   But I couln't agree more.

Happy New Year sir!

Hi Aaron,

Could you please help us on this?..

I am trying Intra-domain Federation - Cisco IM Presence
9.1.1 IM Presence & Microsoft Lync 2010, by following the Cisco Document. After
completing the configuration, i dont see the Replication & Status in the
Lync Server Control panel. It says N/A. Is it the same for you as well?

Thanks,

Jayadurai