Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS to OCS Federation using ASA as a TLS Proxy

neil.moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm configuring federation between CUPS 8.6.4 and and external partner using OCS. I'm attempting this using SIP TLS Federation. I have an ASA running version 8.4(1) and ADSM 6.4.

I have my _sipfederationtls._tcp.cupdomain.com SRV advertisting the following for SIP TLS traffic inbound to the CUPS Server from the external partner

_sipfederationtls._tcp.cupdomain.com        SRV service location:
          priority       = 0
          weight         = 0
          port           = 5061
          svr hostname   = sip.cupdomain.com
sip.cupdomain.com   internet address = 1XX.33X.1XX.XXX (this is a Public address of my the CUPS Server)

I have used the Unified Communication Wizard to configure my ASA and managed to install the certs on both the CUPs and the ASA for the Proxy TLS connection between the CUPS server and the ASA. Nice and much easier than doing it with the CLI

My question is when it comes to the TLS Proxy between the ASA and the Foreign OCS Server, when I generate a CSR on the ASA to get signed by Verisign what FQDN do I use, is it sip.cupdomain.com to match my SRV Hostname or just cupdomain.com. I have to get this CSR signed and that costs time and money, time I dont have so I have to get it right first time.

If anyone has done this before I would be very greatful for you advice?

Thanks for you time

Neil

1 Reply 1

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

What did you wind up doing for this?