Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS upgrade : DNS SRV

Francois Lieuze
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Just a quick question. One of my customer have a CUPS cluster in v8.6 and Jabber clients in v11. I have to upgrade servers to 10.5 or 11.

What about the DNS SRV records ? Currently, clients use cuplogin, but when should I create cisco-uds ? Is there any impact to do that something like 1 or 2 days before the upgrade ?

Thank you in advance.

Francois

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is absolutely no problem i having both, depending on the Jabber version, they already know which one to look for. If you're using, going to use, MRA, you need them as well.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your answer Jaime !

Just to clarify, it's not the Jabber version which will change, but the CUP server version.

To be more specific, I'm worried about the fact that a Jabber client in v11 will have an answer for the cisco-uds record and will try to connect with it whereas servers (CUCM and CUPS) are still in v8.6.

So, with these extra info, is it still OK to create DNS recors before the upgrade from your point of view ?

EDIT: I just attached a diagram which make me think it's not such a good idea to do that before the upgrade, because if the client does not have a cache, he won't be able to connect...