Views
Helpful
Replies

CUWL configuration issues with Softclient options

saraphillips
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Does anybody know if CISCO has changed the ordering process for CUWL licensing again?

I have a configuration that worked fine last week but if I try to run it today is giving me errors.

Presence Options selected --> Webex IM

Optional Softclients --> IP Communicator

Today, the IP Communicator doesn't show under "Optional Softclients" it has been moved under:

Presence Options--> Presence On the Premise--> Client Options....

If a customer decides to go with Webex IM, they cannot select the IP Communicator, because that one is under "Presence on the Premise" and as everybody knows you cannot select Webex IM and Presence on the Premise, you have to choose one.

As far as I knor the IP Communicator is not a Client for Presence either....why would it be under this option?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, all of our orders are on hold because the configurations do not work and need to be changed, this is not a matter of choosing a different option it entitles additional HW resources for the presence application if they cannot select WebexIM.

Thank you,

Sara

7 Replies 7

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you get a response on this?

Srini

Hi Srini,

No, I never got any response....very frustrating.

Thank you for asking...

Sara

raoneill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Choose CUCI-Connect during configuration. This can be changed through the Product Upgrade Tool after you have activated your UCSS.

How is this a solution?

when you get Webex Connect you need to get the CUCI to integrate it with UCM, therefore they would not change it for another client.

Doesn't make any sense that the IP Communicator has been moved under Presence On the Premise client options. The ordering guide still has the IP Communicator under Soft Client options, like it used to be and should be.

jsunzeri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When selecting an on-premise IM / Presence solution, the CUWL user is allowed to choose between CUPC or CIPC.  Each user is allowed one of these clients, not one of each per user.  Having it under Soft Client Options, many customers were choosing both CUPC and CIPC for all users, hence getting double the amount of clients with each order.  By moving it under On Premise Option, if a customer has users that still wish to just have CIPC, then they can select it in this section.  You can still select all users with CIPC, CUPC or a now a mixture of both.

Furthermore, if you need a combination of CIPC and WebEX Connect, then in this case you can utilize the Product Upgrade Tool, for your CIPC software.

Thanks,

John Sunzeri

Please refer to my original question.

The Presence option I need is "on the cloud" WebEx IM not on the Premise.

How would customers get the IP communicator when selecting on the cloud presence? is not an option anymore? why?

jsunzeri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When selecting cloud, IM and Presence in CUWL, you need to select CUCIConnect.  CIPC can only be in one section, and that section has to be on-premise to ensure each user only selects one client option. If you need both CIPC and CUCIConnect, then you need to purchase CIPC outside of CUWL.  CUWL provides the software choice for one client not too.  You cannot choose CUPC, CUCIConnect and CIPC for each user. This has always been the rule. Now the tool can enforce this rule. Having them in different sections allows users to break this rule and order one CUPC and one CIPC client for each user. This has never been an option before in CUWL and we needed to correct this.

If you have a unique business case, or wish to move from one client to the other, then as stated in my original post, you can order via the Product Upgrade Tool. 

Thank you,

John Sunzeri