cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delayed Messages

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

Unity 4.0.3 (SR1) dual integration, CM 3.3.3(Sr3) and Centrex.

Received two complaints late last week. One from a Cisco user and one fron Centrex user about using the phone to check their mailboxes for messages at a specific time and Unity telling them they had none. Checking the mailboxes the next day Unity reports they both have messages with time stamps PRIOR to the time they checked the day before.

This Unity server is NOT integrated with our exchange servers. (No unified messaging installed)

Any ideas?

Lee

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Even if you don't have UM you can still have multiple Exchange servers and/or off box Exchange servers - I assume that's not the case here?

I also assume the time stamp on the Exchange server here (which may or may not be on the Unity server itself depending on your config) is correct?

Jeff;

The "Exchange Server" is co resident on the Unity server. (I didn't set this up, the vendor did, and that's how I believe it is configured)

Anyway, the time on the server is correct and it is sync'd with the network time server.

This whole Unity is getting flakier by the minute. Now in addition to failing almost daily, I have account passwords disappearing (the passwords users can use to retrieve voicemail by setting up a pop3 account on their copies of Outlook) and numerous event reports about fragmented memory for the exchange server.

I have an open TAC case on the failures, but the "tech" asked for a number of files that I haven't had any luck sending. The files are greater than his mailbox limits. I tried to ftp them, but don't know if that worked either.

Lee

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like there's bigger issues at play here...

but as a side note, granting user's the ability to get at their voice mail messages via POP3 on a VM only configuration like this is illegal. You're violating both Cisco's and Microsoft's licensing agreements here.

VM only is just that. VM only. If you want desktop access to messages at all you need to purchase licenses for the web based inbox or you need to purchase UM licenses. There's no exceptions to that.