Helpful
Replies

Deskphone disabled on CUPC release 8.x

abraham23482
Level 1
Level 1

Deskphone disabled on CUPC release 8.x

Hello All,

We have a CUPS release 8 that runs fine on CUPC release 7.x. Yesterday we upgraded the CUPC client to 8.x and now the deskphone feature is greyed out. Chat and all other features are working except the deskphone.

When we test this with CUPC 7 it works at the same time with the same user accounts. Please assist on this.

When I check the Server health the notification is " failed to connect to ccmcip authentication server"

Is this related to the Deskphone ?

Is there any additional configuration that needs to be done on CUPS for CUPC 8.x other than what was done for CUPC 7.x

41 Replies 41

Hi there,

any chance you can share with us if softphone mode is working for you? I'm able to initiate calls from CUPC (which is then going to use my deskphone) but I'm not sure what to do so I can make calls directly from CUPC8, while I'm out-of-office.

Best regards,

Tenaro

Hi,

I have a CUPC 8 client running fine with softphone now. Everything works perfect.

Are you sure you have mapped the softphone device to the user and associated the user to the softphone ?

How do you flip between softphone mode and deskphone modein CUPC 8?  I don't see the option like I do in CUPC 7.

Pete

There's a tickbox at the bottom of CUPC 8 that will either say 'Use my desk phone for audio' or something like 'Use my Cisco 7971 for audio' depending on the model of Cisco phone you're using. When it's ticked you're in desk phone mode, when it's not you're in soft phone mode.

ya, the funny thing is - if there's no checkbox, you don't know if you're in soft phone or desk phone. 

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

I see no checkbox, but it does say "User my Cisco 7960 for audio".  If I click on "cisco 7960" I get the Select Desk Phone Device" option, but no where do I see the ability to change to soft phone.

My phone is operating successfully in deskphone mode.

Thanks,

Pete

There's probably other causes of this too, but the most likely explanation for this is that you haven't created a CSF (Cisco Unified Client Services Framework) phone device, and added it to the 'Controlled Devices' of that user.

CUPC 8 doesn't use the UPC (Cisco Unified Personal Communicator) type anymore as I understand it, so to get softphone functionality you need to create a CSF device for each user instead.

Desk phone control will work regardless of whether you have a CSF device or not.

Another thing I've noticed is, If I give 2 lines to my deskphone or softphone and associate that to my cups user ID, both the lines will display in the client but you cannot switch from one to the other. Wonder why then it is displayed there...

Abraham

I created a CSF device and a CCMCIP Profile and the checkbox appeared so I can now toggle between softphone and deskphone.  Thanks!

Pete

m.ranger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have the same problem, but not with all phones.

My setup is working with 8961 and 9971 Phones. All my Users are working with extension mobility and all of them have CUPC8.

For Users with a 8961 Phone and a Device Profil for 8961 Phones everything is working fine (Softphone Mode and Deskphone Mode).

For Users with a 9971 Phone and a Device Profil for 9971 Phones I have the same behaviour and the same error messages as descrived by Abraham23482.

I did the registry changes and recreated the tomcat.pem, but no change in the behaviour.

Attached my problem report.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Manfred

shamkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi delete the presence dns which u created using UPCXXX(Cisco Unified Personal Communicator) in CUCM and create with CSFXXXX( Cisco Unified Client Services FrameWork) restart the CUPC client 8.x every thing will work now....deskphone controle and multiple deskphone controles......

Hi,

I am facing some issues similar to this post and need expert help here. First let me explin my setup-

I have CUCM 8.x, CUPS 8.x and CUPC 8.0.171.

I have configured LDAP in CUCM and CUPS and created CUPC devices in CUCM and associated Cisco IP phone.

I am able to make call from my CUPC client but unable to initiate "Chat", when I click on "Chat" option I am getting "Invalid Parameter" error.

Otherthing I am able to search contact from my Microsoft AD. I have created LDAP profile in CUPS and able to import users from AD to CUCM and CUCM to CUPS. I am confused with the "Search Context" parameter in LDAP profile, what should I specify here.

I am attching logs.

Your suggestion will help me to move forward.

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh