Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital Networking Questions

I have a client running three Unity servers (two in failover for one group, one single server for another). I plan to implement Digital Networking. Aside from a slew of optional items, it appears to be pretty easy. I essentially want only to be able to address messages to subscribers on the other Unity server, including creating distribution lists of those subscribers, as well as one big broadcast distribution list. All the other bells and whistles are unnecessary.

1) Should I expect ANY outages, major or minor?

2) Are Dial IDs used by users to address messages, or only for behind-the-scenes Unity communication?

2) I already see all servers in the broadcast distribution lists and have changed the extensions and recorded name:

All Subscribers - FAILOVER-VM1-ADMIN 99993

All Subscribers - PRIMARY-VM1-ADMIN 99992

All Subscribers - PRIMARY-VM1-STU 99991

a)Are these already functional across Unity servers prior to enabling Networking?

b)How do I nest distribution lists for a "All subscriber list" and do I have to include the failover box?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Bump ... anyone?

Opened a TAC case, here's the answers for anyone that may need to go through this:

1) Should I expect ANY outages, major or minor?

-NO OUTAGE EXPECTED, NO REBOOTS REQUIRED

2) Are Dial IDs used by users to address messages, or only for behind-the-scenes Unity communication?

-NOT WHEN THEY ARE ON THE SAME DIALING DOMAIN. IN OTHER WORDS, IF THE DIAL PLAN DOES NOT OVERLAP DIAL IDS ARE NOT NECESSARY.

2) I already see all servers in the broadcast distribution lists and have changed the extensions and recorded name:

All Subscribers - FAILOVER-VM1-ADMIN 99993

All Subscribers - PRIMARY-VM1-ADMIN 99992

All Subscribers - PRIMARY-VM1-STU 99991

a)Are these already functional across Unity servers prior to enabling Networking?

-YES, THEY ARE FUNCTIONAL. ANY OBJECT CREATED AND REPLICATED IN THE AD IS USABLE BY THE OTHER UNITY SERVERS ... ASSUMING YOU CHANGE THE NAME AND EXTENSION.

b)How do I nest distribution lists for a "All subscriber list" and do I have to include the failover box?

-ONCE DIGITAL NETWORKING TASKS ARE COMPLETED ALL SUBSCRIBERS AND OTHER DISTRIBUTION LISTS ARE VISIBLE AND AVAILABLE ACROSS UNITY SERVERS. THE FAILOVER SERVER DOES NOT NEED TO BE CONFIGURED ... ALL SETTINGS FROM THE PRIMARY ARE REPLICATED.