Views
Helpful
Replies

DiRT and Unity 4.0(5) question

Joe Botti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating my Unity 4.0(5) box which is on Win2K to a Win2K3 box. Our companies environment has several unity boxes on the same domain which can see each other and share licenses but at this point i'm only concerned with my single Unity box that has 250 users on it. I did a DiRT backup and noticed that in the stream files it had files listed for everyone in the company, not just the 250 people that i'm concerned with. When i go to do the restore will it only restore the one box i wanted to backup or will it restore everything within the domain of Unity servers?

I've gone through the forums and help files so maybe i missed or misunderstood. Any help or feedback is appreciated.. thanks!

Edit: I'm also using unified messaging so it's integrated with AD and Exchange (2003)

1 Reply 1

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

I suspect that the stream files you're seeing from other Unity servers in the Active Directory domain are only the voice names.   These are used by Unity for digital networking purposes... and would be pulled back down from Active Directory automatically if they weren't restored during the DiRT restore anyway.

Kind regards,

Craig