cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DN forwarded to CTI to Unity Call Handler issues

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

I've been beating my head against the wall for a few hours now trying to figure out why my current forwarding isn't working correctly.  Here is the low down:

1. CTI RP of 700000 set to forward to Unity Connection
  2. Unity Connection Call Handler with an extension of 700000 picks up, plays a greeting, then hands it off to another call handler that pushes to an operator

The above portion works fantastic when I dial 700000 as expected.  I setup a test CIPC on the customer network with 3 directory numbers.

1. The first one is a fake operator number (27500) that the above call handler pushes to which rings out if I dial 700000
  2. The second number is a temp DN for testing
  3. The third number is a temp DN for testing

Basically, when I call temp DN 1, it rings out with no answer and forwards to 700000 which should get me to the appropriate call handler and then push me to 27500.  I tested all three DNs and they can all reach 700000 so CSSs shouldn't be a problem.  When I pick up Test DN 2 and dial test DN 1 which is set to forward on no answer to 700000 I get a different Unity prompt from what it should be playing, as if it isn't hitting the call handler at all even though the phone shows it hitting voicemail.  Not sure what is going on at this point, I got frustrated and took a break.  Any ideas?

Recap:

3 Directory Numbers setup

Unity Call Handler setup to greet then push to another Call Handler that forwards to 27500 (operator)

All 3 Directory Numbers can dial 700000 and get the appropriate call handler which rings 27500

Forward a phone to 700000 then call it from another DN and I don't get 27500 or the appropriate call handler...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's WAD, the default behavior is to use the original called number to choose the VM box or call handler, so, you're trying to match the DN of temp DN, not 7000000

Either you change your clusterwide behavior to use the last redirecting number for routing, or configure routing rules for that particular call flow.

EDIT: you could also create a new VM profile just for the CTI and hardcode 7000000 there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's WAD, the default behavior is to use the original called number to choose the VM box or call handler, so, you're trying to match the DN of temp DN, not 7000000

Either you change your clusterwide behavior to use the last redirecting number for routing, or configure routing rules for that particular call flow.

EDIT: you could also create a new VM profile just for the CTI and hardcode 7000000 there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yeah, I figured....I took a break and thought about it and then came back to it.  Frustration can be blinding.  Thanks Jaime.

What's the specific clusterwide setting?  I did a ctrl+F and couldn't find anything pertaining to that setting.

EDIT: Disregard, found it.