Views
Helpful
Replies

DN or CTI Route Point

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I currently  have 2 users who work from home and they don't have a physical phone in the office. So what I've done is I created a CTI route point with their office number and I have that forwarding to their home number. My manager wants me to get rid of the CTI route points and make those numbers DN and forward from the DN. Will a DN that's not tied to a physical phone work like a CTI route point, because I tried this in the past and the DN didn't work until I associated it with a actual phone.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A DN will work do call forwarding just fine without being associated to a device as long as you tic the Active checkbox. This only appears after disassociating the DN from all devices.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

They can't just use Jabber to receive calls via softphone? 

I wish it were that easy, a lot of these users are slow to accept change and they don't want Jabber. They are still In the mind set of a physical phone.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why not simply configure translation patterns??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You know Jamie that's what I told him I could do as well, but he is under the impression that I DN will ring if it's not tied to phone. I'm going to tell him he is going to have to either just leave the CTI RP or go to a TP or use a soft phone for these users.

A DN will work do call forwarding just fine without being associated to a device as long as you tic the Active checkbox. This only appears after disassociating the DN from all devices.

Thanks Jonathan it worked perfect