cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DRF configuration on SFTP port 2222

B@l@ji
Level 1
Level 1

We have a backup server where we need to store our CUCM scheduled backups. It is a windows server that already has a manage engine running/utilizing port 22.

We have a configured an SFTP application that is listening on port 2222 instead of the default 22.

Now, we are able to establish SFTP connectivity between CUCM and the server but the file transfer is not happening.

For testing, we tried transferring a file to the server from our CUCM via CLI, after entering SFTP credentials, it did not throw any error nor did it say transfer completed.

The file did not get copied to the server.

Any help or suggestion on this please?

Thanks,

Balaji

6 Replies 6

Hi,

The call manager does not support non-standard SFTP ports. you have to use port 22. 

Regards, 

CUCM works with Standard SFTP port and there is no option to change that to custom port in  CUCM.

so if you change the port on your SFTP server to 2222,backup is not going to work.

Response Signature

Well, I tested SFTP connectivity between CUCM and my server on port 2222 and it is working.

Perhaps, the DRF backup only works on SFTP port 22.

Thanks for your help.

Maybe the connectivity is in place, but as per my understanding, the call manager doesn't connect to any other ports than 22 for the file transactions whether it is for backup or for file management (installation/upgrade). 

Regards,

No, I was able to transfer files on port 2222. I configured Openssh on customized port 2222 and copied a bunch a logs from CUCM to the SFTP server, it did copy the files successfully.

Even so that test and result is of no relevans as DRF won’t be able to use any other port then 22.

Response Signature