cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DRS Restore from CUCM 8.5 to 10.5

Pamela White
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing a sandbox VM and about to restore from prod MCS 8.5 to VM 8.5.  I've installed the exact same version and have everything ready to go.  I'm just a bit leery of starting the DRS restore on the new VM.  I'm at the point of selecting the server to be restored.  I only want to do the Pub so I select that.  I then select the server to restore database from, the Pub.  The new VM is not the same server name or IP address as prod.

Is there absolutely no impact to the production Pub?  I have to get this going but I can't risk any interruption of service.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you don't have any connection between the lab network and the production network, no.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Unfortunately, that's not the case.  They are on their own VLAN but accessible from the rest of the network.

It should have already given you problems, you have to install the server using the same network information to start with.

HTH

java

It's a new install of 8.5 given a new server name and IP on install.  No problems, demo license, default config.  I want to restore prod on it and do the 10.5 upgrade.

If you want to restore a DRS backup, your need the exact same hostname and IP  (along with other parameters) from the original server in the new server. Meaning, your server just won't accept the backup you have. It does not work that way.

If you haven't, you should review the DRS guide to fully understand what you need to do for this to work.

HTH

java