Replies

Dynamic Content For Queue To Agent

Jeff Russell
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a summary of what we are trying to accomplish:

-- caller calls into a DID

-- caller keys in his/her ID#

-- caller then gets directed to a specific agent that he/she has already been dealing with on an ongoing basis

Here is what I believe should be constructed to handle this:

-- create a CVP application that does the following:

• prompts the user to key in his/her ID#
  • do a web service call (via a custom element) that retrieves agent information tied to the specific ID (i.e. DID, Agent ID, etc.)
    • caller/agent data would be stored in a CRM tool
  • sets session variables with the info retrieved from the web service call
  • exits back into ICM

-- construct an ICM script that does the following:

• calls/executes the above CVP application
  • uses a Queue to Agent node with a Type of "Explicit agent references" to direct the caller to a specific agent
    • agent would always belong to the same skill group, and would only deal with one specific caller
  • prompts the caller to keep holding (if agent is unavailable) or offer voicemail

I can construct the CVP application, and can construct the ICM script up-to-and-including the CVP application call, as well as the part after directing the caller to the agent.

What I am having an issue with is determining how to dynamically direct a caller to a specific agent once the call is placed back into the ICM script. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Reply 1

vinodkewate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeff,

You are totally on it.

And everything you mentoned is correct. When you finish your CVP Application you can pass the CRM retrived Agent Information in ECC Variable FromExtVXML array at CVP_Subdialog_Return step.

Now when control comes back to ICM script, the CVP data is available for use and you can extract the information and then pass this information (AgentID) to Queue to Agent node under Agent_Expression dynamically.

Regards,

Vinod Kewate